Start Imagining Life in Canada
There are several pathways to immigrate to Canada as a Business Investor.
Some programs such as the Start-up Visa Program and the Self-Employed Persons Program offer approved candidates permanent residency status right away, while other programs provide a pathway to Permanent Residence.
This program is intended for entrepreneurs who intend to immigrate and build businesses in Canada that:
- Are innovative
- Can create jobs for Canadians
- Can compete globally
Potential immigrant entrepreneurs with an innovative business idea can get support from one of the “Designated Organizations” to facilitate
migration to Canada.
What is a Designated Organization?
A Designated Organization is a business group that is approved to invest in or support potential start–ups through the Start–up Visa program.
These organisations review and assess business proposals from candidates. Upon approval of the business idea, the Designated Organization will issue a Letter of Support to the candidate.
Designated Organizations are Venture Capital funds, Angel Investor groups or Business Incubators.
The eligibility criteria for the Start–up Visa program include:
- Have a qualifying business
- Secure a Letter of Support from a
- Designated Organization
Meet minimum language requirements
- Bring along sufficient funds to settle (for self and any accompanying family members
This program is intended for people to immigrate to Canada permanently as a self–employed person.
- Have relevant experience in cultural activities or athletics (sports)
- Be willing and capable of making a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic (spirting) life of Canada
- Your relevant experience must be for at least 2 years in cultural activities or athletics (sports) at a world–class level
- You must already be a self–employed person in cultural activities or athletics (sports)
- Selection criteria include your relevant experience, education, age, language abilities and adaptability
Note that you can score more points if you have more than 2 years relevant experience.